High Meadow The Cedars – Section 1 – Construction Update
December 12, 2022
High Meadow Development Co. is pleased to provide you with details regarding the progress of construction in Section 1 of The Cedars. Despite considerable challenges, we have made significant progress driving construction to its eventual completion. We will be working to provide monthly updates until the completion of Section 1.
Road and Drainage Construction
- Road construction has been delayed. High Meadow Development Co. expects road construction will begin after the first of the year. More accurate dates will be provided after the first of the year.
- There is no ETA on when road base will be installed because of labor and material shortages. High Meadow Development Co. will provide an update as soon as one is available.
- The progress on the detention pond will be updated as soon as High Meadow Development Co. has a start date.
- Utilities cannot be installed until after road construction begins. High Meadow Development Co. is in regular communication with the respective utility companies. Preliminary work is underway.
- The mail kiosk will not be scheduled until after road construction begins.
- Temporary culverts – Until asphalt is installed, the developer allows temporary culverts to be installed in the roadside ditches, this will allow the roadside ditches to be cut to the proper elevation once the asphalt is completed on the road. It is always the landowner’s (or their representative) responsibility to install the permanent culverts once the roads are paved.
- Permanent culverts – permanent culverts are required to be installed on any lot that is under construction, AFTER the asphalt has been installed. If you are building on a lot that already has asphalt, a temporary culvert is not permitted.
- All dates provided are a subject to change due to a variety of factors, including but not limited to: weather, material and labor availability.
All erosion compliance laws should be followed including posting SWPPPs, installing silt fence, etc. The POA will be monitoring and fining if erosion compliance is not in place.