High Meadow Development Co. is pleased to provide you with details regarding the progress of construction in Section 1 of The Cedars. Despite considerable challenges, we have made significant progress driving construction to its eventual completion. We will be working to provide monthly updates until the completion of Section 1.
Road and Drainage Construction
- Road construction will be back in full swing at the beginning of February. More specific dates will be provided as construction continues.
- Drainage control measures have already been put in place. Our contractors have started cutting ditches and the entrance off 1774 is scheduled to begin construction in January.
- Detention pond excavation has begun. High Meadow Development Co. is estimating it will take 3 months or more to substantially complete the ponds.
- Design of all utilities has been requested and is currently underway.
- High Meadow Development Co. will schedule the rough installation of utilities once road construction is further along.
- Temporary culverts – Until asphalt is installed, the developer allows temporary culverts to be installed in the roadside ditches, this will allow the roadside ditches to be cut to the proper elevation once the asphalt is completed on the road. It is always the landowner’s (or their representative) responsibility to install the permanent culverts once the roads are paved.
- Permanent culverts – permanent culverts are required to be installed on any lot that is under construction, AFTER the asphalt has been installed. If you are building on a lot that already has asphalt, a temporary culvert is not permitted.
- All dates provided are a subject to change due to a variety of factors, including but not limited to: weather, material and labor availability.
All erosion compliance laws should be followed including posting SWPPPs, installing silt fence, etc. The POA will be monitoring and fining if erosion compliance is not in place.